Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Deval Sworn in at Noon Tomorrow

Oh, how I wish I could be there for Deval Patrick's inauguration. Should I feign illness and go anyway? Will it be one those things I can tell my grandchildren about?

Meanwhile, Mitt Romney actual thinks he has a shot at the presidency. Dude, you're a Mormon. And everyone knows that Mormons are weirdos. Just read this book. Besides, I don't trust a guy who goes from supporting gay rights (more so than Ted Kennedy at one point) to denouncing gay marriage. I hate inconsistency.

By the way, I've suddenly begun listening - very seriously, I might add - to Joni Mitchell. What does this mean?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

Harry Reid, who will become the Senate Majority leader, is also a Mormon--he'll be the highest ranked Mormon ever. He tries to act like it's totally normal and not weird. I saw a bit of an interview with him last night, and he said something like the way he thinks of him self is from the Kris Kristofferson line about being a walking contradiction. Which is the exact line that came to Betsy's mind when she met Travis Bickle! (You still have to see Taxi Driver.)

Mitchell: It either means you heard "The River" over the holidays, and it made you want to hear more, or, I don't know, that's actually my only guess.

January 4, 2007 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I like how these Mormon politicians also try to slide the ole "Kennedy was the first elected Catholic and that was very controversial at the time" line. The Mormons worship gold plates and marry multiple underaged girls. That's not a religion!

January 4, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home