Sunday, May 27, 2007

GFT02145: Keeping the Summer in Somerville

Greetings, one and all, from Winter Hill



Wow, the Red Sox are 11.5 games ahead of the Yankees. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Boston could manage to maintain this glorious lead over the Yanks all summer? I am not getting my hopes up, as tempted as I am. Even Steve Somers over in New York has put the proverbial fork in the Yankees (of course, Somers is a die hard Mets fan). I'm not quite ready to do that. I've seen the Red Sox blow huge leads in games and I've seen them lose their grip on their place in the standings. It's early yet.

On the other hand, it seems that no matter what the Yankees have tried to do, their so-called deep pockets have not brought them much return. Sure, Andy Pettitte is a decent pitcher (he is 3-3, with an ERA of 2.66), but you will need another 3 Andy Pettittes to accomplish anything resembling winning. Mussina, who the Sox usually fair pretty well against, is doing miserably right now (2-3, 6.52!). Add Wang to the shit camp, too (3-4, 4.13). These are the Yankees' best starters, people. That's pretty piss poor. They've got a couple of bright spots in Bruney and the much anticipated return of pukey Roger Clemens, but, overall, the forecast isn't very promising. For once, I'd like to see the order of the final standings look something like this:

Boston
Baltimore
Toronto
Tampa Bay
New York


Yours truly will be in attendance at tomorrow's "Trot Nixon Returns, Wearing the Opposing Team's Uniform" game at Fenway. I'm hoping that, with the power of my mind, I can change Trot back into a Red Sox player. I'll have to rent Zapped! starring Scott Baio for pointers.

Enjoy the remainder of this beautious Memorial Day weekend!

P.S. Will someone please get some Claritan for Tavarez? This is one of the worst player pictures I've ever seen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home