Tuesday, October 23, 2007

World Series | GAME ONE

I think I am still pinching myself a little. Doesn't it seem so surreal that we could do this twice in 4 years? And while we continue to enjoy this success, the Yankees organization steadily crumbles. Ironic. I had always dreamt about this big shift, but I don't know, I guess I don't care as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong - it was fun to watch the ship sink for a while. It just gets boring over time. I suppose when the A-Rod negotiations begin, things will get interesting. Also, Rivera's contract is still up in the air, I think. Any other big contracts I am forgetting? Has Posada's run out?

The Rockies. I've got no opinion about this team. I assume that they are very, very good. I've not done the research. We had a series with them this year and they took 2 out of 3 (at Fenway). National league teams tend to be drone-like to me. Very unexciting. This is a pretty rotten thing to say, I know. A lot of people argue that NL ball is the purest form and that AL teams are more sensational. Well, give me sensational any day. The Sox are like a gang of red hot pokers right now, waiting to inflict third degree burns on any team that dares face them. Far more focused and far more deadly than they were during June's relaxed inter-league play days. Hey, do you guys remember when the Red Sox were rumored to sign Helton?

I checked out the Red Sox site for baby merchandise. I want to get matching jumpers for my friends' twin boys, but I want to get ALCS gear, specifically. Imagine how pimped out they would be wearing that? The coolest kids in Watertown, for sure! Maybe they'll make special ones if the Sox win the WS. Stay tuned for updates.

How about those California wild fires, huh? Word on the street is, Mel Gibson had to evacuate his home in Malibu. I certainly don't feel as bad for him as I do for the single parent dad and his two kids who are now living in a stadium complex. Their apartment building burned to the ground. They had to leave their pets behind - a dog with one blue eye and a cat they found in a dumpster. I almost cried when I heard this. This is just one family's story. What a tragedy. I wish there was something I could do to help.

There is one thing we can ALL take action on, though not wild fire related. There is an online petition to snuff out the horribly offensive Cleveland Indian logo. If you are interested, please sign here.

Giddy Up, Beckett!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home