Thursday, January 4, 2007

New York Loses Its Johnson

RJ has left the building and I think it's hysterical. If ever there was a time that I'm thrilled in Theo's half-hearted interest in him way back when, it's now. I think he (Theo) made a token phone call to his (Randy's) agent before ole Stinkbrenner pulled out all the stops to get him. And Johnson was a mediocre starter, at best. Ah, well, they still have Pavano. Heh.

Meanwhile, I hope that the Sox abandon the Drew ship, if you know what I'm saying. Who needs damaged goods? Especially when said damaged goods are really expensive? It's the equivalent of buying an irregular Prada gown. I'd rather have a good one from Old Navy. At least I can wear it without having to adjust it a million times. I hear that Trotter is still available. Make a deal! He'll be super cheap!

Did any of you (local folks) hear Deval's inaugural speech today? I cried! I swooned! I cheered! I did the same when I heard the few sound bites from Nancy Pelosi's speech at the House of Representatives. She even let all the kids touch the symbolic gavel. Cute! Bob Oakes is on Greater Boston tonight. I always wondered what that guy looked like. And in a rare case, the image matched the real thing.



I really enjoy him and Delores Handy in the morning. Carl Kasell - with all his snorty inhales and exhales - is my least favorite NPR reporter.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

Did you see Hastert's face when Pelosi took over? Olbermann made a great joke about it as they showed it last night. Too bad I can't remember it. Something like "Did somebody steal your ball?" But way, way funnier.

January 5, 2007 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I didn't. But that's a funny one.

January 6, 2007 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home