Monday, January 29, 2007

Tap into a Helton

Poor Barbaro. I understand the call, but I was secretly hoping that he would bounce back to perfect health and kick butt. Not that horse racing is a humane thing to do. I guess they did the best they could. There are people suffering in this country who will never receive a fraction of the love, kindness and care that this horse got.

In other (Red Sox) news, it seems that Curt Schilling is just saying nao (that's Portuguese) to retirement after this season. He wants an extension. He also made some remark about never pitching for the Yankees. I heard this 3rd party through Cubby this morning while making copies. I have yet to check out the articles/interview transcript/what-have-you. As most of you know, he is even trying to learn Japanese. You've got to give the guy credit for extending himself to our new pitcher. And for the whole winning the world series business. He's like that uncle you just don't talk politics with.

In the Red Sox rumor department, Todd Helton's name is being thwarted about. Currently, he plays for the Rocky Balboas, a National League team. No offense to Colorado fans, but I sort of see this club as a little phony. Is Colorado even a real place? I imagine it to have long cascading rivers of beer and huge frosty tipped mountains. It's a blur of South Park scenes, Bob Ross paintings and the sets from that television show, Everwood. I'm sure it's a breathtaking place if it does, in fact, exist. But I'm taking a Carl Everett/Dinosaurs stance on this one, folks.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

This is so weird. This morning I saw a gray sweatshirt with black writing, and thought it was a Colorado one. It wasn't. But it made me think, remember a few years back when everyone loved Colorado? Having gone to one of the rival schools of the U of C, I was always jealous that they seemed to have this nationwide following, which I attributed to all the people who migrate their for skiing purposes. Either way, football- and skiing- and sweatshirt-wise, the state seems to have lost some serious popularity. Even my friend Gumby, despite having a Colorado area code since he went to school there and his dad is out there, never seems to mention it much anymore. Serves that state right for trying to ban gays, or whatever it was they did (something bad to gay people) back in the nineties.

Oh, and the point was, I thought of that stuff, then I came here and saw your post. Weird. As I said.

January 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yeah, Colorado was the new Arizona. Now it's old news. Utah is making strides as the new hip state.

February 1, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home