Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Beast - i - e

So, I hear that the B Boys are releasin' a new one this summer. I, for one, am skeptical.

Let me start by saying that I've been a HUGE Beastie Boys fan for as long as I can remember. I've seen them twice (once at Lollapalooza, once during the Hello Nasty tour). I've grown older with them (though they will always be slightly older than me), I've experienced the evolution of their sound and appreciated all of it. Until. To. The. 5. Burroughs. "Crappy" is not a descriptive enough word. It was simple and repetitive and boring as all hell.

I love these guys dearly. I support their political causes (though I do question the appropriateness in which they've presented their ideas), I think they've got a fine sense of humor, and I especially like the fact that they've the defied the odds. No one thought that 3 silly white kids from New York would sustain themselves as rap artists for 20 years. I've got nothing but respect for them. Truly. But, I'm frightened to sample the new album. I probably won't.

Please B Boys, don't turn into the Red Hot Chili Peppers. For the love of all things that don't suck, take my advice!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home