Monday, April 2, 2007

We had a chance ...



... you know, there at the top of the 8th. David was up with 2 guys in scoring position. We could've come within striking distance. It would have been sweet, too, since Riske is the KC *ahem* closer. Now, we haven't got a chance. I just hope we don't widen the gapper by giving up any more runs.

And what was the deal with DeJesus trying to fake a diving catch? Is this back yard baseball?

Schilling just couldn't find his fastball. The game isn't over yet and I'll bet he's already huffed off to start blogging about it. It would be funny to see him with an Apple Notebook in the dugout, instead of the traditional pen and paper. Guaranteed he's super pissed, too, because he's never lost an opening day game.

Also, I didn't see it, but I heard that Pedroia pulled a wicked rookie move and tried to get 2 bases off of what was clearly a single. I thought the whole point of Spring Training was to get these goofy moves out of the way!

I guess the Red Sox have the night off tomorrow to think about how badly they sucked.

It's just as well. I've got laundry to do.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MattySox said...

Pedroia is NOT tall enough to ride this ride. I miss Mark Loretta already. And Alex Gonzalez. And Trot. And Tek's bat. Could be a long year.

April 3, 2007 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I miss those guys a lot, too. It was just one game, though. We are bound to lose in worse ways over the course of the year. At least everyone is seemingly healthy.

God, I hope Beckett doesn't implode tomorrow.

April 3, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home