Monday, March 19, 2007

Kara Muise at The Fuller!

Yesterday, I attended my friend Kara's group show at the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, MA.

She's a graduate student at UMass Dartmouth and her piece was part of Fresh Fibers: Work by student artists from RISD, MassArt and UMass-Dartmouth (March 10 – June 17, 2007)

Here be the cool piece entitled Dark Currents:


(click on the image to enlarge, especially if you want to see the stitching detail on the giant lily)

It was situated right next to the window and this really soft natural light cast on it during the show. It was quite lovely.

Here is another piece I liked a lot, but was un able to find the artist. It was called, "Homeland Security, Simple as ABC" or something like that. I love the concept and the simple execution.



After work, I just went nuts and spent a lot of cash at Newbury Comics. As part of the purchase, I picked up the old cult classic The Brain that Wouldn't Die. I watched it when I got home. Not bad. Your typical cheese ball horror b-flick. I get sucked into these types of movies pretty easily. I also got Le Tigre's Feminist Sweepstakes. Not nearly as good as their self-titled album. Like the self titled album, there are lots of f-bombs, but it's not as good musically. I mean, it's not bad or anything, just not as good. I also picked up The Fall's Bend Sinister. You might say that all of their stuff sounds the same. You'd be right, but I happen to like the way it all sounds, so it works out for me. I got a few other things, too, but I won't bore you with the rest of the list. Lord knows, I've been boring you with my cat damage pictures.

The Sox play the Twins tomorrow. Followed by the birds, the fish, the argh maties and the evil rays. And then, THEN, we get to watch real baseball.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home