Saturday, March 17, 2007

Almost Forgot

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you Irish people.

I think the Polish should rise up and demand a holiday. Wait, they already did. March 4th is Casimir Pulaski Day (enacted into law in Illinois and some parts of Wisconsin. Indiana recognizes it, also). I missed it by a couple of weeks (typical me).

Oh, and hey, check it out (from Wikipedia): Chicago-based rock band Big Black had a 1987 song titled "Kasimir S. Pulaski Day". I have seen Casimir spelled with a K, also. I guess it can go either way. For the record, Big Black was hardly a rock band.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trashcan VonOpenMeup said...

Heh. I had this day off from school every year when I was a kid. I never knew who Casimir Pulaski was.

Now there's one more useless fact taking up precious space in my brain. :-)

March 20, 2007 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

We had a Pulaski school in my city. No day off. But, Patriot's Day was there to make up for it.

March 20, 2007 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home