Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rollins Update

I don't have IFC, but I get updates on Henry Rollins' show. He has redeemed himself with a recent guest.



Different subject. Age appropriateness. Is this even a word? Look, I'm a 35-year-old woman, and much like my late dad, I've got this whole "anti grown up" attitude toward life. I like silly things and toys and I enjoy starting projects I don't finish. Not "I'm going to build a deck." More like, "I'm going to make licorice soap." I take care of my adult responsibilities just fine, but when it comes to things like, say, home decor, I'm not where I am supposed to be, style-wise, for a 35-year-old woman. I tried the whole adult, classy furniture deal once. My ex-husband was into that West Elm sort of thing, and I don't think it's bad. It just isn't me. Recently, a co-worker was talking about a man she'd met and how "young" his apartment is. I immediately thought about the plastic skeleton I have dangling in my kitchen. I guess, in the end, it isn't about how old you are. It's really about being happy. Silly, fun things have always made me happy. I don't think this is going to change. And I'm certainly not going to change my apartment decor because *uh-oh* I'm in my 30's and it's time to coordinate!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenks said...

I have little Frankenstein heads througout my apartment. And a cactus-shaped piñata in my living room. Et cetera.

June 28, 2007 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've always wanted a pinata.

July 7, 2007 at 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home