Monday, June 16, 2008

To Do the Laundry and Clean Up My Room

I find this to be appalling. In this day and age, it is truly offensive to me that we are still looking to the future first lady for a cookie recipe. And somehow the success of their respective husbands hangs in the balance until the winner of the cookie recipe is determined. The idea that wives belong in the kitchen and that said wives are judged, not on their character or abilities, but on whether or not they can follow a cookie recipe is outdated and dangerous.

Stay in the kitchen! Make me some cookies! But, don't eat them yourself.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well there was some small measure of gender equity:

"This year former president Bill Clinton got a chance to show off his culinary talents, choosing a recipe for oatmeal cookies from long time Clinton cook, Oscar Flores."

I admit it's unclear whether Bill claimed he could bake them himself.

June 21, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think they through that in there so that feminists like myself would stop and go, "Oh, right, I guess this is fair and balanced!"

I'm a hard sell, though.

June 21, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home