Friday, May 23, 2008

Wig Shopping


Though my mom's chemo is not technically supposed to cause her to loose her hair, it's thinning quite a bit (it was already very thin to begin with) and she's decided to have it cut really short and buy a wig. So ... that's what's on the agenda today. Somehow, I don't think it's going to be as fun as the old days of going to department stores and trying on the worst ones, then breaking out in huge fits of laughter. Who knows? Maybe she'll be in a goofy mood. She had a blood transfusion this week and she feels like a million bucks. Lots of energy, full appetite, more color in her face. She's like a new person.

I can't WAIT to start looking at houses this weekend. If I had loads of expendable cash, I would opt for a retro kitchen in black, red and white. Check out these amazing (and super expensive) appliances from Northstar in Candy Apple red:





I would also go with a 1950's table and chairs. Look at this gorgeous number:



I adore this button back chair in Tiffany blue, but they do make them in a "crushed ice" red:




And in sports:

The Celtics are going to have to win a road game, it seems. And how about the Red Sox? Two grand slams? The Royals are probably feeling pretty low right now. They really got knocked around.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger DJDiva said...

I hope wig shopping went well and you were both able to make the best of it!

LOVE the furniture/appliances! I've seen tables like that at some vintage shops.. never know you may be able to score one at a decent price. Good Luck!

June 7, 2008 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks - she settled on a couple of wigs. Nothing is ever as good as your own hair, but I think her choices were close to her own hair style.

Isn't that red awesome? Maybe if I get one thing at a time, I can afford it. I would like to mix vintage with contemporary, ultimately.

June 9, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home