Monday, October 13, 2008

Bad, Flip Flop! Bad!


I started developing a problem with my right foot. One day, I noticed that I had a bruise the size of a fist right in my arch. Just as this started going away, I began feeling shooting pains and soreness in my inner heel whenever I took a step. This doesn't really bother me much when I wear heels or shoes with decent support. My self diagnosis? Freaking flip flops. I've been wearing them all summer and since we moved into the new house, there's been lots of stair climbing. I read that podiatrists everywhere are furious with the number of foot injuries and problems from chromic flip-flop use. Outside of lack of support, people have slipped and fallen more frequently (ever wear them in the rain?). They've even gotten their flip flops caught in the pedals of their cars.

So, though I don't think I can give them up entirely, I will not be wearing them all summer long in the future. I can't believe I have to wear heels to feel better!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

My chiropractor also hates them. Apparently they are also very bad for your neck and back. Hope your foot feels better soon.

October 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks - it is on the improve :)

I've got the whole winter to recover. But, then what? Birkenstocks?! Ahhhhhhh!

October 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home