Thursday, February 8, 2007

Peanut Gallery Rant



I'm a fairly eco-minded person, but I've got a beef with hand dryers in rest rooms. I am a fan of them in theory, as they prevent the spread of germs (though, where's the proof?) and they save trees. However, the reality is, I have rarely met a hand dryer I liked. I would think that the manufacturers would make a superior product in order to convince all the paper napkin people to make the switch (when given the choice) or insist on the dryers (if that's even possible). Instead of planning to capture the minds and hearts of service station goers nationwide, most manufacturers put forth a pathetic model that emits a mere puff of cold air.

Personally, I like the kind of dryers that rip your skin right off with it's gusty might. The sort that blow you over with air pressure and heat. I don't like having to press the button more than once - and I don't see how this necessary repetition is a more sanitary option. There is nothing eco-friendly about the additional energy this causes, either.

While on the subject of rest rooms, I should also voice my disapproval with the lack of heat I usually experience when using one. And this isn't limited to the Vince Lombardi/Molly Pitcher/Woodrow Wilson types of places. My butt has made friends with some super icy toilet seats in very fancy shmancy restaurants. What's the deal? Bathrooms are not places where you go to put more clothes on, so why lower the temp? Is there really that much riff raff to discourage?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hey, that really works! Thanks for the tip!

February 12, 2007 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home