Friday, September 28, 2007

Even with yesterday's loss ...



... the Red Sox still only need two wins to clinch. Still, what a crappy way to end the game. Youk strikes out with bases loaded.

Switching gears.

I saw the lion's share of the Democratic debates the other night. And I find myself really leaning toward Hillary. Of all the folks running, she seems the most prepared. We might actually see universal healthcare in my lifetime. I grant you, her first attempt failed, but she's got the whole "lessons learned" thing under her belt. On the other hand, I've heard that her 2nd proposal isn't much different from her first. In fact, the Green Party calls Sen. Clinton's health care mandate proposal a 'fraudulent, cynical, cruel' affront to Americans who need coverage (headline taken directly from article). I haven't read it, so I haven't got an opinion.

Obama, though very confident, and also strong in bringing people together (the need for bipartisanship is at an all-time high) just isn't as experienced as Clinton and it shows. I hope he runs again after he's had some time in the Senate.

Chris Dodd is a candidate worthy of watching, too. Both he and Biden had some interesting responses. Edwards looked shaky and frightened. He seems like a really genuine guy, but he doesn't have enough gas in the tank, you know? Richardson used too much rhetoric-y talkie for my taste. Gravel is a total pistol. There's always that one candidate who isn't afraid to be blunt. But you just know that he's off his rocker a little. And Kucinich seemed like one of these "I'll say whatever you want me to say" type guys. Like he doesn't want people to dislike him or something.

Part of me wishes a real "take no prisoners" style left winger got in, but I think, ultimately, that we've had enough with the browbeating. We need people working together to extricate ourselves from Iraq in the smartest possible way. I don't think I will ever get over my anger toward George Bush for putting us in this position and taking hundreds of human lives needlessly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home