Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Putting the Cart Before the Horse

Rolling Rally today! Due to my silly day job, I was not able to attend the parade, but I've got many people representing GFT02145 on the scene. I look forward to their pictures and stories! Our company president wheeled the old creaky television out of the closet and set it up in a small conference room. Oh, glorious day! It feels good to win after losing for so long. Several more WS championships will not spoil me. We are simply making up for lost time. I hope that the city erects a huge statue of David Ortiz on the Boston Common. Wouldn't that be nice?

So, in typical me fashion, I'm already developing some branding concepts for my soap business. Mind you, I have not made a single ounce of cold process soap. All in good time. Since my plan is to move to Northampton, I've decided to call the business NOSOCO (Northampton Soap Company). What do you think of these designs? I am so married to Stentiga, as I think it's a clean, classy font. I couldn't resist using pictures of my cat. He's totally photogenic, and he's fascinated with the tub.



A poster?



Little stickers or labels?

I am going to be experimenting with bath bombs, lip balms, and lotions, also. I've decided to go with 3 main scents to begin with, one being spearmint. I think I'm going to call this line, "Nor'easter." I will start with traditional scents, but I am really looking forward to doing things off the beaten path. You know how sandwich shops name some of their selections after street names or whatever? Why not devote soaps to great things? "Black Flag" soap (licorice-scented black soap with poppy seed exfoliate). "The Clockwork Orange" (tangerine mint souffle). I also want to make a Fluff soap. I think the marshmallow might add a moisturizing element - and it's totally vegan! I can make soap modeled after famous drinks like "The Shirley Temple" or "Apple Martini." I am so excited about this!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger DJDiva said...

I like both labels, but I think I may like the first one more. cute kitty :)

November 6, 2007 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks!

He looks cute, but he is the devil. Smart AND destructive. Oi.

November 7, 2007 at 3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home