Sunday, January 13, 2008

Milky Way Hot Chocolate

So, after much deliberation, we decided to try the new Dunkin Donuts Milky Way Hot Chocolate yesterday. In a nutshell: nothing special. It was too thick, for starters. It didn't really taste like a Milky Way. It didn't really taste like a hot chocolate. It tasted like hot cake batter, but not in the best way. DD is really hit or miss with these specialty drinks.

The Celtics lost last night to the Wizards, unfortunately. This isn't helping my case for more media attention going their way. In fact, this was the first sentence in this morning's article on Boston.com: After a long and comfortable ride, the Celtics hit a big bump in the road. Two consecutive losses is a big bump? I guess after the Pats have managed to go - what, 17-0? - everything else looks shabby in the media's eyes. Whatever. A friend from work won tickets to last night's Patriots game and her seats were killer. Fourth row behind one of the end zones. I kept squinting to find her, but could not. Yes, yes, I watched the Patriots in favor of the C's. But it was a playoff game.


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger DJDiva said...

Now I know I can skip the milky way hot chocolate! I think the problem with a lot of hot chocolates: they start with water instead of milk. Although you said it was too thick so maybe it does have milk.

January 17, 2008 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yeah, it seemed kind of too thick to me, but I think the thickness wasn't as much a problem as the taste. I've had "gourmet" hot chocolate which can be thick, but if it's made from real ingredients, it can be pretty great.

I like their regular coffee a lot, though.

January 19, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home