Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wowzers, All Around

That's what I call a home opener.

Would have been nice if I had been able to actually watch it. I saw exactly half of one inning. It was a good half, don't get me wrong, but it would have been sweet to take this one in.

Great job by Beckett, who has 2 wins under his belt. I think we are starting to see our potential problems already with regard to the pitching staff. This could actually be a crappo year for our resident knuckleball pitcher. Or maybe not. Always hard to predict what's going to happen there. Perhaps he will just have a gradual decline. I don't know. Tavarez has implode potential, but I really like the competitor in him. I enjoy his emphatic pointing to the infielders when a ball is put in play. I joked on Saturday that he might start emphatically pointing at himself if the ball is hit toward the mound. I do hope he can prove himself in this roll. Though he isn't the same kind of headcase as Carl Everett ("I love you dinosaur, but you do not exist!"), he's got some issues of the sucker-punching variety. I am really pulling for him this year.

Cool - I just got a ray of that "just about to set" sunshine in my apartment. It won't last more than a couple of minutes. I love it when happens. You know, when it's been overcast all damn day, then the sun pops out for a quick "hey."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home