Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Schilling: One More Year

Do you know why I love Curt Schilling? Besides the fact that he was willing to sacrifice his own health and well-being to bring a championship to a championship starved city? Besides the fact that he's one of the most dedicated ball players the Red Sox have ever known? Besides the fact that he would never pitch for the Yankees because of his principles? I'll tell you. He gets Red Sox Nation. He gets our fierce loyalty and he doesn't take an ounce of it for granted. The experience of retiring in Boston means more to him than an extra 6 million dollars playing somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I really do like the Phillies, but I'm glad he chose the Sox. I've lived in Philly and as die-hard as their fans are, I never did get the sense that there was anything like "Philly Nation." The team is on an upswing now, so maybe something like this will happen. I sure hope so. I think Ryan Howard is the cat's meow.

Anyway, this post is about Curt Schilling.

Can't wait to see you take the mound next year, number 38!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yeah schiLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 7, 2007 at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home