Thursday, July 31, 2008

Boston Sports Media being Boston Sports Media

I really wish that baseball fans didn't have to be privy to the beefs between players and management. It's icky. I love Manny and I've supported him during past "Manny Being Manny" episodes because, let's face it, the Red Sox need him. I'm not going to take issue with one or two questionable moments when the dude brings it time and time again. I know that players and management have always had issues. Red Sox front office can be jerky (I'll never understand the abrupt firing of Doctor Morgan or Papa Jack). Baseball players can be jerky, too. Most of them are spoiled rotten and have sort of lost their connection to reality, especially the huge stars. As a big fan of the team and baseball in general, I don't want to have to be forced into these dealings. I just want to continue loving Manny and the Red Sox. I don't want to have to take sides. It isn't a fair expectation to place on fans. I blame the media, of course, because they hang onto Manny's words, take a lot of them out of context and ask him inappropriate questions about his relationship with FO. I don't want to know, but I have to know. Because it's splashed all over the front page of the Herald, which hits me in the face when I step out of my neighborhood coffee shop every morning.

Dear Boston Sports Media,

Please stop printing crappy baseball gossip about the Red Sox. If Manny says something like, "I want to be traded," simply wave your hand in an understanding gesture and say, "Yup, thank you, Manny," and be on your way.

Thank you.

I mean, I have plenty of anxiety about other stuff (REAL stuff) why do I have to worry about this, too? If Manny does get traded, I want to be able to wish him well. I don't want another heartbreaking Johnny Damon-style situation to contend with. I've invested in Manny. The least that he and the Red Sox can do is let us part from him on good terms.

In Mom News:
I'm so excited - she was able to skip a week of chemo! She had enough energy yesterday to do 2 loads of wash and clean the floor. She went out for ice cream, too! This is a major deal, since all she's been doing is sleeping or feeling like she's going to start sleeping for the past 2 weeks. She's going in for her body scans today and hopefully, the results will be in tomorrow. I am praying for something - ANYTHING - that shows that the chemo is working. This is such an agonizing process.

In House News:
We are on schedule to close mid-August and move in the last week of the month. Hurray! I can't wait!

You know, every day we are told that the housing market situation is more dire than the day before. If this is the case, why aren't people buying homes? Are they waiting for prices to go back up again? I don't get it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

Your Mom: That's awesome news! Fingers crossed that the tests come back with more good news.

Your new house: Awesome! Congrats! The housing market is so weird right now. It's killing me that we can't buy because of our house in CA. The market has dropped so much there that we just got a letter that our house was reassessed for taxes and is now $60,000 less than we bought it! (Yikes!) The good news is that our tax bill will go down a bit.

August 1, 2008 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Kara! Thanks for crossing your fingers. I'm crossing everything I can cross, at this point, including the cats' paws! Looks like the results won't be in until Monday.

I'm sorry to hear about the CA house assessment. It totally blows. Are you renting your CA house? I'm sorry if you told me this ...

August 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Yes, we are renting it, but the rent we get doesn't even cover the full amount of the mortgage payment. It is such a weird predicament to not be able to afford to sell your own house. I'm just hoping that it'll all turn around someday.

August 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

As frustrating as it is, it will DEFINITELY turn around. I know that doesn't help much.

August 6, 2008 at 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home