Friday, July 25, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away ...

Someone please post a convincing argument as to why race car drivers are considered to be "athletes." I don't get it. Doesn't that open the door for other groups to be called athletes? I suppose you need agility and strength to control your vehicle, but I need that, too, when I'm lugging bags of groceries up three flights of stairs. Don't get me wrong, I really WANT to be brought around to this notion, but I'm not quite there yet and I guess I'm asking for a smart and interested person to convince me. After all, Shirley Muldowney is one of my idols.

Jeers to Jessica Simpson for wearing a T-Shirt that claims that real women eat meat. I, myself, am a pescetarian (Merriam-Webster just inducted this term into the dictionary this year - hurray, I feel valid!). I don't have an issue with eating meat or killing non-human mammals and birds ... if you do it with your bare hands! That's the way it's done in the wild, people. Instead, we have big factories where cows and baby cows and little pigs get their brains bashed in. Maybe Jessica's shirt should say, Real Women Eat the Meat That Comes Out of Factories Where Cows and Pigs Get Their Brains Bashed In. If you're going to make a statement, don't do it half-assed. Go all the way! At least fish get to enjoy a real and normal life in a natural habitat before they get scooped up, killed, and cooked. I'm not saying it's a great way to go, but hey, it's better than life in a meat processing plant.

Don't you love how the conservatives are really pushing this whole, "See? The surge worked!" bullcrap on America? Okay, if that's true, how come they remain mum on troop withdrawal? How long are our troops -- courageous, dedicated human beings with families and lives in the United States -- supposed to be subjected to this fabricated war? Also, how are we suddenly put in a situation where we have to praise Bush for enacting this surge? That would be like giving your neighbor a big pat on the back for fixing the side of your house that they ran their truck through. Hey, thanks, it was totally genius how you patched that up for me.

One last rant: Miley Cyrus. Can't stand her. I hate her big, bubblegum, spoiled rotten smile. I can't believe that Annie Leibovitz made me pose like that. I feel bad for Annie. She's a pioneer in her business, a living legend. She's a low-key, but incredibly accomplished professional. I hope she didn't lose any sleep over this.

Red Sox-Yankees tonight! I think I'll make some apple soap. Very Patriotic.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Kim, I am SO with you on Miley Cyrus, although she's not quite as annoying as Billy Mayes!

July 26, 2008 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since I feel like you are almost a veg head and care about the ridiculous practices in factory farming, it may be worth your while to read Howard Lyman's Mad Cowboy. He makes some good and very sound arguments on why those give up meat except for fish may not be doing their bodies the good they think they are.

I'll love yah either way, fish head or not! Just thought you may be interested.

July 27, 2008 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hi Amy - What's the deal with her name, anyway? Miley. Sounds like she was set up to be annoying from the start.

Hey Caitlin - I'm pretty sure that eating fried clam rolls isn't very good for me. Especially with all the tartar sauce! Heh, heh. I also think that sushi is a gamble, but I eat it occasionally. For the most part, since I live with a vegetarian, I avoid meat. It's easier. Having fish once in a while doesn't concern me from a health standpoint, though.

July 28, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home