Thursday, September 11, 2008

Commute Woes

My morning commutes for this week:

Monday - 1 Hour, 15 minutes
Tuesday - 1 Hour, 45 minutes
Wednesday - 2.5 Hours (truck rollover on route 1)
Thursday - 1 Hour, 45 minutes

What the heck am I going to do? Obviously, this cannot continue. Leaving at 7:15, only to arrive a hair before 9 is unacceptable. My commute home is exactly 1 hour.

Rolling from Walpole to Waltham in the morning is a slow form of torture.

Meanwhile, what a disappointment last night's game was. This is what we get for letting Carlos Pena become a free agent. We should have retained our local boy. Liking some of these (Devil) Rays is new, weird territory for me. Hinske, Pena, Baldelli, Flyod. All old Red Sox players, with the exception of Rocco, who I like (a) because he is from Rhode Island and (b) that's one awesome name!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bless_cyborgs said...

I left the best job that I ever had (and probably ever will have) because it was in Stamford, CT and took me 2 hours EACH WAY to get back and forth to home in Bethel, CT.

I did stay at that job for 6 months with that commute but I was a psychotic person behind the wheel because of it. Something just snaps inside of you eventually! (Or maybe just me?)

Also, we couldn't afford a shit hole apartment in Stamford, CT given the DISGUSTING market value there. So, no way would I ever realize my dreams of having a house and dogs (which now I get to have).

The question is, how much joy does your job give you?

The answer will dictate whether or not you should be on monster.com or not.

I do believe that you lose quality of life by wasting so much time in a dumb ass car that is driving to work (i.e. not a 'fun' destination)!

September 13, 2008 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I do love my company. It's the only time I've been able to apply my skills to a cause I believe in (education) and get compensated for it. It's an awesome woman-owned publisher. That said, I am hoping it will be the last *job* job I have before transitioning into an all soap world.

There are 2 women who commute from Prov and my boss is going to make a case to the higher ups for me to work from 9:30 to 5:30. This will cut my am commute to 1 hr, 15 minutes. Much, much better. I really hope they don't say no. The other people are contract employees and their schedules are a little more flexible than staffers.

September 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home