Monday, January 8, 2007

McGwire

Well, I heard an interview on NPR today today with two sportswriters/Hall of Fame voters. One was from ESPN and the other from the Globe. Each voted differently, though they both concluded that their reasoning was the same: not enough information. The yes voter (ESPN) claimed that it is for this reason that he couldn't definitively say that he doesn't belong and the no voter (Globe) used this lack of proof to justify his ballot decision ("I can't vote for him unless I know exactly what he did"). The good news is that they both feel very strongly that Mark McGwire will get - at most - a whopping 25% of the vote.

This is really good news for Jim Rice.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

Rice goes in tomorrow. We hope. I read about one voter who said he voted for NO ONE. He says it's because he can't vote for anyone from the steroid era because he can be sure anyone's innocent. A little extreme, I think.

January 8, 2007 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Jere said...

And nice layout!

January 8, 2007 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jim!
Rice!
Jim!
Rice!
Please induct our non-steriods using hero!

Thanks for the compliment! I actually made these graphics a while ago, but the new no-longer-beta version of blogger had a weird template (too many clicks and buzzes), so had to revert to the classic template style in order to incorporate them.

January 8, 2007 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And now it's Tuesday...magic day for Jim Ed. You have a great blog! I read your comment at Jere's, and found this little place of baseball heaven. Jim Ed was in West Hartford last night (Monday), and I was one of the so many well-wishers to just shake his hand and wish him well. Read this morning's article from the Hartford Courant. It's linked at my blog, but you can go there directly at courant.com Oh, I bookmarked you! I didn't want this to seem to be like a plug for my place, but the Courant piece is great.......take care!

January 9, 2007 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Pssst. Peter, it me, WCSG. Reinvented.

January 9, 2007 at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home