Monday, February 12, 2007

Nothing Good Comes of Big Business Mergers

I knew this was going to happen. As soon as YouTube merged (or was bought by or whatever) with Google, all the cool stuff was going to have to come down.

One of my favorite little bits is a clip from The Young Ones called "Dr. Marten's Boots." It's a song performed by Alexei Sayle during an episode entitled "Oil," in which oil (naturally) is discovered in the basement by Vyvyan. I own all the episodes of The Young Ones on DVD, but sometimes I just like to be lazy and watch this excerpt from the show on demand, so to speak. Here's what I get now:



I know all about copyright infringements and everything, but I just feel like they stuck a pin in the balloon here. I'm the type of person who loves searching for rare bits from my childhood and adolescent years. YouTube presented a nice searchable catalog of this stuff and now my database is gone or nearing the end at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home