Saturday, October 6, 2007

Up 2



Could this be any more scripted?

I attended my very first Red Sox playoff game last night. It was, of course, brilliant in every imaginable way.

  • The weather was spectacular.
  • The seats were sweet.
  • The Cleveland-Yankees game was shown on the Jumbotron, at least until the Red Sox-Angels game started. And during the 5th or 6th (I think), the Indians final run was shown.
  • The Star Spangled Banner was the best I've seen performed at a baseball game, and I don't usually rave about such things.
  • The Red Sox have shown that they are really clicking in the post season, despite a few Dice K jams. He pitched out of them, for the most part, though.
  • Manny. Wow.
  • I got to use the handicapped stall in the ladies room. It's cleaner, obviously more roomy, and it has a hook for your purse/backpack/whathaveyou. I never noticed this in other stalls, but I was never really paying attention, either.

The only downer was the woman planted in front of us. She was non-stop talkie-talkie with a friend of hers during a playoff game. Very annoying. She was the kind of woman for whom, after getting killed during your typical body count horror movie, everyone in the theater claps.

I'm really pulling for the Phillies, but they aren't making it easy for me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenks said...

Kill the talker, stash her in handicapped stall. FIN.

October 7, 2007 at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home