Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger

That was shocking. It still hasn't really cemented. It's so difficult for me to imagine why, if you've got everything going for your way, someone would ingest all those pills. Either it was suicide (most doubt it, at this point) or it was accidental. I am not sure how a person can take so many drugs accidentally. I'm not even sure what sleeping pills are supposed to do for a person, anyway. Not being a drug taker myself, it's a little hard to figure out. What a shame.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Fornya said...

He was taking sleeping pills because he hadn't slept more than an hour or two a day since taking on the role of the Joker. It sounds silly perhaps, but when you're committed about your work, you do whatever it takes to get things perfect. HL developed his Joker as a depraved, psychotic clown. That caused him to lose sleep. I lose a lot of sleep over my job, and I'm not someone whose job is on a big projection screen.

January 23, 2008 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I agree that these roles must really exhaust a person.

I think he was a smart guy, so I doubt he mistakenly took so many pills. Like enough to kill a person. Unless he was in a strange mental state from sleep deprivation. Still, I would think that the presidential candidates have received even less sleep on the campaign trail and none of them are/have overdosed on sleeping pills.

I think there is more to this story.

I really liked Heath. Seemed like a real down-to-earth guy.

January 23, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home