Thursday, August 30, 2007

Am I Jinxing This Series?

Maybe I should say something more like: There was a game. Two major league baseball teams competed. One of the teams won. The other, despite a late rally, lost by a run. The two teams will face each other again today, in the last of a three-game-series.

Meanwhile, our softball team lost again. However, we played a lot better this time. I think it's because our roster was shorter. Teams thin out over the course of the year. It happens. I wound up with, what I can only describe as severe pain in both my thighs before the game even started. I stretched during warm-ups, but I may have over stretched and I think I was dehydrated. The result? It felt like I literally blew out my thigh muscles. It was the weirdest thing. It's never happened to me before. I managed to get on base during my second at bat, but I needed a pinch runner. Jere, however, was a super star. He executed a really heroic catch later in the game. It was sure to be a serious base hit, possibly a double. He back handed the catch, totally taking the wind out of the sails of the batter. It was an awesome thing to see. I'm still working through the thigh thing, but I'm determined to field during our next game. I can walk today. I guess that's good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home