Monday, February 4, 2008

Not the Best Ending

Well, that certainly wasn't the outcome we NE fans were expecting on Sunday. It was a total stinger. Being that I am primarily a baseball fan, this disappointment isn't as hard to take for me personally as the 2003 ALCS loss to the Yankees. That one reduced me to a shell of a human being for several days. But this was definitely unexpected and hard to handle. I wasn't even that nervous when there were only 2 minutes left on the clock. I figured: these are the Pats and they'll find a way to win. But they didn't. I blame Belichick for wearing that horrible, tomato red, 3-quarter sleeve sweatshirt. He looked like a moron in that thing and I firmly believe that it had an impact on the outcome of the game. Who manufactured it? I've seen some poor apparel designs in my day, but this one is right up there.

Well, fellow Patriots fans - think not about the loss yesterday. Take comfort in the 3 glorious championships we've enjoyed this decade. And the 18-1 record of the season. That is still one hell of an accomplishment, people. If this isn't enough, think about the 2 World Series trophies we now have and the great possibility that the Celtics will go to the big show this year. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks. Soon, the crack of the bat will be delighting our ears. And I'm sure the Patriots aren't done winning Super Bowls.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

well written! man it isn't easy being in ny right now...

can't wait for baseball season!!! yeah!

February 4, 2008 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger DJDiva said...

Let's go Red Sox!

February 5, 2008 at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home