Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mom Stuff

For those of you all not in the know, my mom has been feeling really great as of late. With her chemo cut in half, she is feeling better than ever! The oncologist is going to contiue to increase it until she reaches her threshold. The goal is for her to be able to function without horrible fatigue and nausea during her treatment. She is going to a wedding this Friday evening and she is all excited to be getting her nails done and dressing up. The outfit she picked up is very nice.

I asked her if she thought she might be able to go back to work part time, but she said that she is afraid to in the event her platelets go down and she becomes susceptible to infections. I forgot about that part. She is a nurse and she's around sick people all day.

I really think we are going to have a normal Christmas this year.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bless_cyborgs said...

I am so so so so so happy to read this. GO MOM!!!

September 14, 2008 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

So glad to hear your mom is feeling well. I hope she had a great night out!

September 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks, guys! She had a really awesome time. We had brunch with her this weekend and she looked and felt great! I can't wait to see pics from the wedding.

September 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home