Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Be Cool or Be Cast Out



Did I get a nice shot of Jack and/or Meg during the show? Nope. Was I able to capture a pic of the tour bus or any of the roadies? Negatoid. I've got something better. I've got Work Clothes Guy. You know him. He's the dude that comes straight from the office, dashes to the merch table, then shamelessly throws on a spanking new tour t-shirt. He joins the crowd and pretends to fit in with everyone. As if that brown collar isn't really there, clashing hopelessly with the tomato red behind it. I especially like the faraway look in this guy's eyes. I am mentally picturing a spotlight shining down on him from above. I can see him busting out a lonely sounding ballad ala Michael Carrington in Grease 2. Except this dude looks more like Steve Carell.

Seriously, though, the show was fantastic. It's pretty amazing to me that these 2 people can fill an arena with so much sound. The set was, not surprisingly, all red. It had a cool upper level, accessible by 3 sets of stairs (again, everything was painted red, so only the lighting allowed one to see the actually components of the stage). Jack walked up on the level twice during the show, for a little variety, I guess. I really feel for Meg. She only gets to stretch her legs a little (she does the vocal on, "In the Cold, Cold Night" and she went to the main mic to perform it). The only complaint I had was that the roadies were all decked out like the Blues Brothers. A little much, I think.

We didn't catch the opening act. We didn't care. So, special thanks to my friend Anne for snagging the tickets for us and special thanks to her boyfriend, Lucas, for the candid shot of Work Clothes Guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger twitch124 said...

Awesome.

I tried to get tickets to the show but it sold out first.

July 24, 2007 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

It was a tough one, I gather. Anne had to go by way of Stub Hub, I think.

July 24, 2007 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger twitch124 said...

Yeah. I was thinking about driving up to the non-sold-out show in Portland the day before the Boston show, but skipped it for a friend's birthday dinner.

July 26, 2007 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home