Monday, February 11, 2008

That's some bad hat, Harry.

This weekend, we learned of Roy Scheider's death. Very sad news. JAWS is one of my favorite movies. Of all time. It's in the top 3, possibly the top 2. Scheider played Brody's character so well, I can't begin to imagine another actor stepping into that role. That movie represents so much to me. It was shot in Massachusetts, for one. A lot of the extras were people who shared my zip code. The movie takes place in the 1970s, during my childhood, so the sights and sounds are very nostalgic. From the music wafting out of the radio on the beach to the fashions. The acting is superb and the suspense Spielberg created is like nothing I've ever experienced. Chief Brody was the character that the viewer "became," I think. Everyone around him was so extreme (except for Hooper, but Hooper was not exactly a guy who most people can relate to).

*sigh*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home